Monday 31 August 2020

Microaggressions.

Edgar, holy FUCK. How did you go from the Point Break remake to The Last Days of American Crime? Did you read the script or...TL;DR.

 How is it even possible for a film to be this badly written?

A whole fifteen seconds here or there had the potential for greatness but really this treatment was written by someone who watched a couple of seventies crime movies and figured it looked easy.

Gosh. Not even one star. 

***

It's fucking FREEZING out. I turned the heat on. I think I'll bring the tomatoes in to ripen. Fuck it. Though it is supposed to swing back to hot at the end of the week. I think whenever I bake birthday cakes I summon intense heat waves and have to fret about condensation and melting icing constantly as we have a disproportionate amount of summer birthdays here on the point. I suppose I could buy cakes that are a little more hardy but no one likes the taste of those unless they're ice cream cakes but we are all old now and those are too rich and stupidly expensive and again, not as good as homemade.

Then again, I've never made an ice cream cake, specifically. 

I actually saw a cookbook online the other day that was all about 'reinventing' cake.

I was so offended.

***

I'm about to spend an hour with a youtube video featuring a little old man and an oil can and service my own sewing machine. Lochlan figures I can do it. Gosh. He's brave. I might be brave too, as it doesn't look overly complicated. 

Kind of like writing an action script.

HA. 

I know, shut up cranky Bridget.