Friday 28 August 2020

Ben is hopefully coming home early next week!

Lochlan was sad this morning so I sang to him. Specifically I sang Hard For Me (which is a fucking BEAUTIFUL song from 365 Days, sung by the actor himself in real life, Michele Morrone.) but I did it with Michele's heavy Italian accent and by the end Lochlan was doubled over, shoulders shaking, face beet red from laughing but I hit every note, fuckers and cheering him up was well worth it.

Because he returned the favour and now I keep breaking into fits and giggles even thinking about it. Lochlan has a great and terrible habit of taking on accents that don't belong to him and he sounds very strange without his clipped staccato consonants. And he mimicked the great shuddering breath before the final line and I think I'm done for the day. 

Also, the playlist this is on (on my phone) rolls right into Lana Del Rey's The Greatest and it's just gorgeous. 

So he's not sad anymore but he was only sad in that way you're sad when you momentarily realize that summer is almost over and it's dark earlier in the evenings, or that your children are both going to graduate in the next year's time frame (365 days, again) and that life keeps going. But at least he isn't sad anymore.

Happy Friday. At last. Next week is birthday week and I have a lot of things to do.