Thursday 6 August 2020

Crafty.

For anyone who said they tried a waterfall incense burner and it didn't work, you need to use cones with a hole in the bottom or buy what's called backflow incense. Lochlan drilled out my incense cones with a dremel. Not all the way through, just 2/3 of the way up from the bottom, then they work well. So try that and thank me later.

And never assume that the only people who burn incense are weed smokers? I don't know where that came from but it isn't true. Some of us love the smell of nag champa because it reminds me of the fortune teller's booth (camper/room/tent, depending on venue) on the circuit.

***

It's raining!

I feel like I want to celebrate even though it's damn COLD and super-heavy but it's so nice after such a long break from it. My plants are happy. My tomatoes probably pretty happy. My vehicles are happy. I think even the dog was happy and Henry was happy to walk him up the road (only to the mailbox. My dog is twelve years old now and can't walk for shit but he loves his walkies anyway so we try). I was going to have a quick swim this morning but Ben talked me out of it (No, Bee. I'm not going out in that so you'll have to try and talk someone else into it) and then Caleb was still sleeping and Lochlan was too so that was it for my chances before the day got busy and now I'm sewing more cloth masks because I spend more time hunting them down as they disappear from the basket by the front door and I think if I had more on hand this wouldn't be a problem.

So that's my day.

Very exciting, I know.