Saturday 22 August 2020

 Ben's improvements are coming by the hour now and they say if it continues he'll be out of ICU perhaps early next week. They're so cautious but optimistic, it makes me crazy but at the same time I crave more and more, hanging off every word. 

I'm home for the night. Daniel and Schuyler are trading off tonight. I need to not be there right this second. I got physically sick this morning and Lochlan came back to collect me, sending me out to the truck while he took a few minutes to talk to Ben. Ben is mostly drifting between commands, playing trained seal, hitting his tests with an ease he didn't have even two days ago so I'm excited. 

Still sick though, not too sure why but I've also been sitting in a hard chair in the cold wearing a mask for a week in a terrible environment for getting sick, eating like crap, sleeping five minutes every three or four hours and I need a break, though my argument this week is that Ben doesn't get a break. 

But I am more at ease now with being able to leave him for a little bit, and a little more heartened that he might be okay, or at least better in short order and when I go back I'll be slept and fresh and ready to take on next week.