Wednesday 11 August 2021

Troubling.

BRIDGET!

I was outside (spoiler alert: I am indeed allowed in the garage which is a bad idea since that's where the saws are and I can cut this cast off but it's also where the ice cream freezer is and that's all we eat these days) getting ice cream sandwiches (a case of them) to bring inside and I hear Lochlan's holler from there. That's how loud it was. I bring the ice cream in through the side door, I swear I can feel the cold right through the cast and Lochlan almost runs into me. 

This. He holds up his phone. There's yesterday's post. What the fuck is this?

A...therapy exercise. I didn't just do it for entertainment. It was for my worksheet. 

Well that's not how this story ends, I guarantee you that! 

And then he's gone again and I'm there holding a box of Neapolitan bars.   

*** 

Wish us luck. Another heat dome has arrived. Not as exciting as a pleasure dome or even a thunderdome, I pointed out to Caleb who also scowled at me, as he was reading yesterday's post too. 

Funny not a single person asked who the man was in the post. I find that interesting, unless they each assume it's them. 

Anyway, I'll keep those exercises in the private physical notebook from now on, just to keep the peace. I just thought that one sounded exactly like what's in my head and that's rare. 

Right now the weather station on the kitchen wall by the door says 'Feels like 34.6' so far. For fucks sake.