Saturday 7 August 2021

Don't explain; I think I get it.

It's finally raining. I was outside when the morning cracked open through the night and I'll probably be outside when the moon shoves the sun back down over the horizon to our west when it's time is up for this calendar square and it can rest until it's turn in the next one. 

Duncan stares at me while I ignore him completely. I know he's doing it. I wish he would stop. 

Glad you came back around. 

A boomerang. 

A second chance, that's all. 

Did you have fun? You used to call it a mini-vacation. 

I nod, in spite of my plans to be a hardass, maybe even pick a fight to lessen the hard part of leaving them. I did. Thank you for being a good host. 

Bridget, you're honestly the easiest girl to talk to. You don't play headgames or look for anything more than this. 

Screwed you right out of any potential relationships though. This isn't right. You're a waste of an incredible man. You're hiding out here, feasting on scraps. I never envisioned this for you. Somehow I don't think you saw yourself like this either.

So come down more often. 

Poet-

Bridget, the world is opening up. Do you see me running off to engage with it? I'm so fucking happy right here. No one bothers me. I'm closer than ever to my brothers and there are no hangups to worry about. My dream was a solid, low-stress life with no baggage and thanks to you I have that and a pool. 

Thanks goes to Caleb-

Who did it for you, so I'll give credit where credit is due. 

I really hope you're not going to make it to the bitter end with me and tell me that you lied too. 

Oh, like PJ did yesterday?

You hate the tags too?

Hate em. And my weird fears are getting electrocuted by a frayed patch cord, which can't even technically happen, and powerful women. 

Ah. Then this is the perfect place for you. 

Not really. You're pretty powerful in your own right. Just not at all in the way that I meant.