Wednesday 25 August 2021

Burning (wo)man.

What are the side effects? 

They've given me Haloperidol or something. It's not Ativan. I keep falling asleep and falling off a cliff in my dreams, jerking awake. Like every fifteen minutes. If that's not a side effect then I think I need something better because this sucks. 

Erectile dysfunction.

Caleb's eyebrows go up and he stifles a laugh. Anything else?

Sudden death. 

This sounds like a poor choice. 

They do what they think is right. This is a team that Everett handpicked to try and work with my own doctor and the Russian doctors too. Since I won't leave. Asher is a hawk. When I sneezed he all but leapt out of his chair, colliding with Lochlan, who was up as I opened my eyes. He'll beat anyone at attentiveness but he's so tired he willingly gave me over to Caleb and Asher is all but a footnote in the day now as Caleb has been leaving messages for people in the know all over the world to try and see if there isn't something better/different/more expensive we can try. 

Best burn ever, I point out and he smiles, medium-blues concerned but full of warmth for me. He was afraid I would leave so I didn't. Any other moment I would have run for the hills to spite him. 

But not today, Satan. 

Literally.

Ha.