Saturday 28 August 2021

Sun but cool. Perfect.

 My phone doesn't want to charge overnight anymore and I keep waking up to it on 43%. Huh. Two nights in a row. I've done some things and changed some things (and some cords) and we'll see what happens tonight.

In any case, it's a sunny Saturday and they let up a little to see what happens with me too, as I am only charging to around fifty percent and my software, well, it's fucked. I am by the pool writing, since I can't watch videos on my phone. I'm shopping on Shein, which is somewhat hilarious but it's addictive to scroll through seven hundred thousand dresses, even if they're not Valentino, which is all Caleb wants me to look at if I'm shopping. I've never chosen one proper. He picks them. He'd be horrified to know I have an account on this website but I already got a dog travel basket for the truck and a pair of gingham shorts that were a little big but very cute and breathable for the heat so a win on both counts. I think I spent twenty-five bucks. 

I don't feel like swimming this morning and prefer to watch Lochlan and Dalton do backflips off the diving board, something they're not allowed to do technically but Henry-with-the-fresh-haircut (and beard trim!) is still sleeping upstairs in his room in the main house and Ruth moved out a while ago but comes over on her days off to swim and hang out and raid the pantry and see all of us, especially her little brother. They're so close, I worry for him but he seems happy and he goes with anyone and everyone who heads out to visit her. She and her fiance have a lovely huge bright apartment in town and they're so happy. It's weird but I'm getting used to it, save for a few stunning moments here or there where I feel like I can't catch my breath. I guess this is normal but it feels so strange.

It's been a pretty quiet week overall. I got sucked so hard into A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara that you might never see me again. I'm in love with the characters and it's brilliantly written so far, and I'm only fifty pages in. All of the boys read it and cried and grew closer than ever before and now I need to see this magic for myself. 

So off to read and laze around and hopefully someone's ordering a pizza for supper.