Monday 16 August 2021

Boyfriends.

Four in the morning and Caleb climbs over me, pushing me down into the sheets, holding his weight, pulling me up into his arms at the last minute before crushing us both into the night. He kisses me hard, and I am awake enough to respond, giving him permission to keep going as I return the kiss while my arms scramble for purchase around his neck. He lets go soon enough and I am turned away as he pulls me back violently against him, inside and all around me, one hand around my hips, the other around my mouth. God love a fierce lover, I think and I am now wide awake and may never sleep again. The room is cool and dark and he is responsive and in charge. Every sound I make elicits a change or an adjustment for my benefit, every touch is safe and welcomed, a rare match when we are usually at odds with the level of intensity he brings versus what I would like.

But oh, the hunger in the night. The dark makes it more cloying, keening and savage. I can't deal with his sudden attention and my head explodes along with my body and then he follows soon after and he reluctantly lets go so that I can turn away and sleep a little bit longer. 

You don't need ghosts, he whispers against my head. You need me.