Tuesday 24 August 2021

The most fervent adjurations.

No one's around to judge me

It's six in the morning and I have my pink poncho and jeans on but bare feet. Twelve degrees and the heater won't come on in the gazebo but I have a hot cup of really good coffee and my ipad and I'm trying to work out the piano for Blinding Lights so it sounds legit but Garage Band keeps freezing along with my fingers. I can sing but the piano is off and I want to get it sorted without cheating by looking for the music online. 

Still sounds like a typical bedroom-teen girl cover though. I can't bring soul to this. Not sure I have it anymore anyway because in that moment where I thought they were going to let me go I threw it overhand to Caleb and he caught it and changed his mind when I blinded him with it. When he looked deep inside and saw that I can't go, can't be away, maybe that I am drowning in the night and I trust him for sure. Maybe the Weeknd was right. 

Except this is an acoustic cover and I'm using a loose arrangement I found on Youtube. Ben had a better one but he's gone. 

I see August coming across the wet grass. He has his own coffee and he's got shoes on. Guess he went to my house with his better coffee and I wasn't there because I'm here. Hope he knows the Devil is watching from his desk two floors above us, behind the glass of the Riker frame I put him in, a perfect specimen I'd like to preserve. He keeps escaping and I keep pinning him back until he realizes his place.

Lochlan is sitting in the kitchen and the patio doors are all wide open, shuttered into the pocket so the whole house is outside now, letting in the frigid air. Reminding us fall is right around the corner and soon my ghosts will be in season perfectly.  Regular dead guys, now with spooky touches for the holiday, maybe with dry-ice smoke and sound effects. I don't know what would make them spookier than they are to the living. Maybe they'll surprise me more often, or something. Maybe they'll be more obvious to the boys. I don't know. Nothing surprises me anymore. 

We can try medication. There have been advances-

The ghosts wait for that too. They're there but it's the goggles-effect. 

What do you want us to do, Bridge? 

Come listen to music with me, and forget about all of our problems for a while. 

We made a promise, Bridget. 

Then keep it and sit with me for a bit. This song is perfect.