Saturday 21 September 2019

The Revisionists.

Reading about neural style transfer (God help us all) and The House on the Rocks, which I'm still not one hundred percent convinced is a real place, but we blissfully began Season two of American Gods last evening (at last) and I couldn't be happier.

The show is a masterpiece. It plays out exactly like my brain. Perfect. Everything is over the top and intense at the same time. It never once veers into campy or unbelievable.

What's on for today? Caleb picks the worst time to intrude into my thoughts. I have finished my coffee and went straight for the hot chocolate. Thanks Keurig. My robot coffee server is doing a brisk business on the countertop. I just need to find better coffee for it. The coffee is the only bad part of this, but at least the whole cup is useable. I got some Starbucks pumpkin spice but on it's own it tastes like you're licking the inside of a tire coated in nutmeg. With whipped cream it's fine. Only I don't want whipped cream for breakfast unless it's being licked off me.

I would like a carousel room. 

Decoration?  

No, an actual carousel room, and I show him the images on my computer from where I've looked up the not-quite-believable house.

Oh. We'll need to build a large addition. I'm not sure we have the space for that. 

It doesn't have to be the largest. Say one for five people?

One of the miniature personal carousels, like you looked at before?

Yes. But INDOORS. 

Outdoors would be nicer. Picture the lights on a summer night in the dark. 

You're absolutely right. Forget my idea. Yours is better. 

And less invasive. I didn't recall you being all that thrilled while the work was being done here. 

Where should we put it? Will they have to crane it in?

Oh, probably. Or construct it in place. 

Equidistant from the gazebo in the backyard? 

Sounds fine to me. 

Oh but WAIT. Instead of pinks and gold and cream and all the traditional colors, I'd like pewter, bone white and teals with green. 

That sounds incredible. 

Are we actually doing this?


I'll see what I can find. Bridget you ask for nothing and I've been wanting to spoil you for some time. You just never afford me the opportunity. 

What's happening? Lochlan comes in and steals my hot chocolate.

We're building an amusement park. But in my favorite colors?

We're what, now? Caleb looks surprised but keeps his game face on.

 If we start with a carousel we can add things as we go. A mini Ferris wheel. Then a rollercoaster. Playground-sized but reinforced so y'all can ride with me. 

Hell, I can have it done by the end of the week if you're finally ready for it. 

Lochlan grins. What a riot. 

Every day can be a day at the fair! I get all excited and then Caleb pokes my joy-balloon so unexpectedly I almost tripped over his next words and landed on my face. There's no air left in the room.

You can finally have the childhood I took from you.