Tuesday 17 September 2019

Ben's already made a joke about cup size.

I've been out in my glossy green raincoat picking up fallen branches in the deep woods in front of my house. I think I have enough to start the ark, though we may have to make a lumber run at some point to finish up, as I don't think this is good enough for trim pieces and it's hard as a rock to cut through. I believe it's most maple, aspen and cypress. The blackberry woods have taken a beating this fall but mostly because the summer rain and cooler temperatures made the trees grow these long spindly branches that aren't ever as strong as I am, and therefore they snap off when heavy and wet.

I've made five piles. I look like I'm setting to burn five witches at the stake. Though PJ's probably going to come out and yell in a minute to get the wood off the grass.

I will say: They're not on the grass.

He'll say: Well fine, then. And turn and go back inside.

The rain makes PJ cranky.

But I cheered him up in advance, because I'm good at that.

I went out this morning and bought a Keurig.

YES I KNOW.

For whatever reason, I originally wanted a Tassimo. I borrowed one briefly but I didn't love it enough. This was in 2006. Then after two or five more standard coffee makers I got caught up in the bulletproof, pour-over crazy but after two different pour-over setups and a lot of wasted sludge and tasteless coffee I finally bit the bullet and bought a Keurig and I already had a cup of regular coffee and it was pretty good and really easy to make. Cleanup wasn't bad, I can recycle the parts, the grinds continue to be scattered and mixed into the soil in the gardens as always and well, we finally joined the legions of pod-coffee people, I guess?

Probably better than joining the actual pod people with no coffee in sight, right?

Anyway. The hot chocolate is up next, and that's the part I figure PJ will like the most.