Monday 23 September 2019

Can't get comfortable (let it go).

A little pressure relieved on the army at last as August emerges from his decompression exile, a light on the horizon, so to speak, and it hasn't gone unnoticed that it took him longer to come down from his trip than it did for it to take place, including travel time.

He wades into knee-deep water and takes my elbow, gently.

Come on.

This is fine. I am frozen solid and quite content, thank you. My army has relegated me to the ocean in my mind. At least this way I can pick and choose.

Come, Bridget.

What are we doing?

We're going to go out for breakfast and talk a bit and then we'll come back and make some coffee and watch a movie.

Really?

If you would like.

I would. I've missed you.

I'm glad to hear it.

Did you miss me? 

You know the answer to that. 

Will I be back home today? 

You know the answer to that too.