Tuesday 16 June 2020

Pots, kettles.

You know Ben used to have this under control. I was always standing within reach of him and no one got near me without his approval or supervision. He had it nailed down and then he got busy and he got tired and Lochlan's always been protective but maybe not as concerned as long as we're both home or around or whatever and between Caleb giving me medicine to help me sleep and Gage's error I think if you need me I'll be behind Ben somewhere, hiding for the rest of my days.

I'm not entertaining any yelling or threats or attempts to educate me on what happened. I know what happened. I was there. So fuck off with your emails, thanks.

He tried calling me. Seventeen times or so in the past couple of days. He sent a very long apology over text and then a completely different one to my private email. He finally called Schuyler and asked if we could do a facetime, with Schuyler present and Schuy refused. Schuy is barely speaking to him. Caleb is threatening all sorts of things. He thinks Gage lied and never said a word, just snuck up on me but Gage wouldn't do that. I think Caleb is also super angry because I automatically thought it was him. The worst part for him is that he rarely turns me away for it any more. He wants to see my face.

I sat in the empty spare room this morning for a bit. Gage was quiet, under the radar. Respectful. Helpful. A night owl though, for certain. We rarely saw him before early afternoon and during the night things like dishes would spontaneously move from the sink or the counter into the dishwasher seemingly as if by magic and I think Schuyler loved having family here, as Ben certainly does. I'm worried that he'll disappear or worse. I would have given him anything he asked for in a heartbeat so I know in my heart he was flirting and took it way too far but I hope he knows I don't blame him.  For god's sake we discussed it once. This is the house of free-wheeling mixed signals and open bleeding hearts. It's easy to screw up here but it's also the most forgiving place you'll ever find.

You know, if they ever let him come back.