Saturday 27 June 2020

Camp is expanding for 2020. Stay at home, kids.

The three boys are back (it was too soon to travel and not a great-great experience but a nice change of scenery, apparently) and as they all look in on our preparations for summer camp they all want in. Camping under the stars! Themes? Carnival food? Crafts and activities and badges and campfires?

Who the fuck wouldn't-actually don't tell me, I don't want to know them.

I have a feeling there might be a nearby camp they can go to, though. It's not a sleepaway camp but it's a luxury resort with a sauna, pool and outdoor kitchen. There is salt or fresh to swim in and the fridge is stocked and you can watch the campers from your lounge chair but they'll be too far away to interrupt you with any noise or anything.

During mermaid week you can probably meet the campers as they have the pool booked for several dates and maybe others too. One of the badges is Sharing (DON'T LAUGH) and we always did well with that (STOP LAUGHING I SAID) so by the end of the summer I'm pretty sure camp is going to be crowded.

Caleb is packing. He has been found room for for day camping only. And we have room for Ben for night camping only but this also depends on the mosquito sitch because he does not fit in the camper at ALL which is a travesty because sometimes I want to stuff him in it and close and lock the door and then he'll always be right there and I like that.

Duncan said he's only interested in one week and we all said NO at the same time which was funny. I'll change my mind later on that probably though because campers get homesick and need familiar surroundings and my boys are my familiar surroundings but I'm still really excited.

Really really excited.

Also Gage is not weird now that he's back. Thank God.