Wednesday 26 February 2020

Mu-sea-um.

 I got lazy this afternoon while doing a warm-up painting and instead of going upstairs to my extensive collection of shells and sea glass, organized in giant glass jars on a table in a windowed hall, I googled for sea urchin shell photos.

To my dismay I found a whole heaping pile of sand dollar photographs, which is sad until I noticed a bunch of heart-shaped sand dollar ones.

And now it's my dream to find a heart-shaped sand dollar because I definitely need one of those. Please don't tell me it's an exclusive region-specific anomaly, I'd rather just keep searching. That's what I did with the glass fishing floats, of which I have three now. I'll go to the ends of the earth to find things and then I keep them dear.

Aristotle's lanterns, indeed.

I'm not so much a mermaid, but a scavenger. A collector, I assure Lochlan.

A beneficiary, he suggests, to be kind.