Tuesday 25 February 2020

Updated with actual useful chitchat.

I went all the way out to the valley early to clear my head, talking to Mark on the phone via bluetooth about a future project sometime soon (before my birthday, maybe) and stopped to deliver the Porsche's big summer tires, gas up where it's cheap and then I was home just a little while ago, voices quiet in my head, no one listening in (anymore, anyway) and big plans to have coffee with Sam on the patio.

What's up, Bridge?

I just miss you. Usually you would have come to me a week ago to make sure the pancakes were planned for tonight and that we were all ready with our pledges for Lent and this year nothing. The last time there was nothing I didn't know you and hadn't met you yet.

What are planning to give up this year? 

Apparently, you. 

Bridge, I've been-

Busy. I know. Matt has replaced us all. 

You told me to be independent. 

So you switched from needing us to needing him? I haven't even done that ever and look at my loves.

We're trying not to turn Matt into the point's unwelcome interloper. 

If he wasn't welcome he wouldn't be here. It's almost as if you two are skulking around in the off hours and we haven't seen you at all. 

A lot was said about him coming back, Bridge. 

And it's the end of February and all is still well?

All is well. 

Then come for dinner tonight. We're having pancakes. We'll go around the table and set our intentions and have a good time. 

Okay. 

Okay?

Yes.