Wednesday 19 February 2020

Lochlan's other husband.

Schuyler has both arms around my neck from behind me, phone in front of my face while he tries to teach me the lyrics to Shallow, the song from A Star is Born, a movie I freaking loved and am never ashamed to admit that but I can't for the life of me hit those notes. He tries to coach me through a lower octave but I keep lapsing into the wrong part, as if I am now Bradley Cooper, he can be Lady Gaga.

I wrote Lady Gage there but only because Schuyler and Gage wear the same aftershave and the same kind of antiperspirant so they smell the same and it shouldn't surprise me this late in life but it does.

Schuyler is affectionate (as always) and In Charge today, as everyone is out. He's also stupidly lonely, as Daniel and Ben are away (yup, yeah, Christ) and Lochlan wants help with my endless sleeping and of course Schuyler can fix all of that and it's less risky than August (as ever).

If this is the level of affection that Daniel receives in my absence no wonder they are so stupidly happily. Damn. I'm on my figurative knees here from how nice this feels, and that's saying something because Schuy is always so generous with his hands/arms/kisses/AHEM UNPRINTABLES that we all benefit nicely all the time but this is truly next-level.

I love you, Bumblebee. His hand is wrapped around my neck, a kiss landing on the side of my cheek. I'm glad he's holding me up or that would have knocked me over. He really needs someone in hand to molest twenty-four-seven or things aren't right for Schuyler.

You miss him. 

Badly. 

Think we can keep you busy until they come back?

Depends on how much you stay awake, he laughs. You're a beautiful distraction. So is Lochlan. 

Oh. Don't hit me right where it hurts. That's a mutual feeling. 

Good to hear, he pulls me in underneath his coat collar. Makes it easier to ride out the end of the week without Daniel if I have you both. 

I smile into his coat. Not because of the analogy my brain finds in his words but just because double the affection in any given day makes a Bridget feel a whole hell of a lot better. Maybe I'll get my mini-vacation after all, if, like he said, I can stay awake long enough to enjoy it.