Friday 21 February 2020

It's a pep-talk! It's rambles. It's a ramble-talk! A pep ramble! It's an attempt, fuck off.

I've said before one of the upsides of waking up, raring to go at five or shortly after is that the energy that comes from being a morning person enables me to get all of my big crazy chores done before nine a.m. and then (be asleep by 8pm, sharp, yegads) I have more time to job hunt, spring clean, draw and crawl right up inside my own skull, a dark and warm host to the parasite that is my mind.

Some day I'll find the off switch and it will be bittersweet because I'm pretty sure that Jacob already found his and it's death and nothing else.

So I'm doomed to fret and worry through my days, but I'm at once an escapee AND high-functioning.

No, YOU figure it out.

Joel figures it out but only after Sam does what he can. Sam told me to go tick through my list, so I did the chores, did the budget, paid the bills, folded the laundry (including ALL the sheets and towels) and called to order in the summer tires for the Porsche because they are of no use to me now and I need to take them over to be sold with the car.

I also still need to pick up the new Jeep but it's...not...ready. ARGH.

I wish everyone lived moved-forward like me instead of these slow late-morning starts which stretch into early evenings because that's dumb and I have an agenda to keep, which is to continue moving forward at a breakneck pace until I crash into a wall.

And I don't even want to be a sad read anymore. I've had enough. I cringe when bloggers happily parse their diagnoses, and talk about meds and suicide and depression and death, even. I did that. I've been doing that nonstop, frankly, for a damn long time.

So ha! Bridget picks herself up by her bootstraps now! Or maybe someone else does. They must be strong, and her boots are only a little worn, but still fit and are comfortable, and honestly we're going to move forward even if I have to put my back up against my own life and push with my legs.

You heard it here first. 

Also, please come home, Daniel, I don't have enough energy to keep up with them. I thought I did and I was wrong.

(snort).