Thursday 24 January 2019

(None of this is important to anyone but me.)

I parked on the front lawn today. Right at the top of the stone steps. Got a good laugh from everyone who left the house today and had a blast driving up there. Who needs roads? indeed.

Got a charitable tax receipt from my credit card for my membership to the art gallery. I need to check on that before I blindly add it in. Seems..weird and unexpected.

Got some T4s too. Here we go. Ten days left before I can start work on taxes. I hate taxes. I have a job now though so there's that. I'm thankful for it, I think.

Got some timbits. May eat them all for dinner and not even share.

Got really really tired this afternoon and may have started crying while loading the cookie jar. Then I loaded the dishwasher and stopped crying. It comes and goes. It's not grief but hormones. Lovely.

Lochlan kissed me right between the eyes today and then used the code word that a few people know which means I don't have the strength to chuck you out the window but could you please leave? to August and August quickly and kindly decided he sleeps better in his low swinging bed and thanked us for the extended mini-vacation. When he left Lochlan grabbed me in a tight hug and didn't let go.

Feel better? He asked after a few minutes.

Definitely, because I live for those hugs but I don't know if he meant that or something else.

The dog had a wonderful day of playing and went on a long walk today with yours truly.

I got groceries. And batteries for the remote panic alarms scattered throughout the house. Remind me to stagger the replacements next time so they don't all start chirping at once.

I got tired. Did I mention that? Oh, I did.

I discovered that Doc Marten boots are the very best things in which to drive a Jeep with.

I found out Chef's Table Volume 6 is coming next month to Netflix, which is a damn sad replacement for the winter Olympics but it's an odd-numbered year so it's better than nothing.

And tomorrow is Robbie Burns Day and I didn't buy any groceries for that at all and now I have to do my usual annual supply run. Because panic-haggis is the best haggis.

Have a good night.