Monday 21 January 2019

Battle cries.

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened before
I've scared myself to pieces. I made a little leap. Not a big deal to most, huge to me. Everything's huge when you walk as me, five feet of blustery willfulness in a sea of people who tower over me, looking right over my head, able to see what's coming, able to see what's next. Able to keep their eyes on the horizon all the while my focus remains shirt buttons and metal logos on t-shirts. That's my view when I need a soul with kind eyes and open arms and so with sight gone (and hearing long before it, even) I'm left with touch.

The songs touch me. So do the boys and so I've gathered both in my arms and I'm trying to hold on as hard as I can but fear is bigger than everyone and it can definitely see me from here.

Sam said not to try to smother, to let it breathe, to let it fill me and learn to live with it and then I will be able to see a way a through it but that's easier said, like all things, than done.

The new routine is that Dare you to Move is followed by Wonderful Feeling, because it's like me, a clear, straight journey from desperate + hopeful to joyful + hopeful and that's a good place to step off from, right?