Thursday 17 January 2019

Helpless/help more.

(Caleb is being Caleb and yet this is my issue to fix? Thanks guys.)

John is half-amused and half deadly serious.

I can't believe how bad this is. You used to grift for a living. 

No, I charmed. I can do that. I can lie until the sun goes down. But if you ask me directly I tell the truth. 

I'm just trying to figure out how Loch did that. Force integrity all the while teaching you how to rob people blind. 

He says both were necessities, at the time. 

John nods. He can control his mirth over this but he also thinks it's time someone had a little lesson in holding a poker face.

Hey, I'm discreet. I'm private. 

Not when it comes to Caleb. 

His presence unnerves me.

And that's weird. He should be just like everyone else. 

You remember that guy who came up to Ben at the Maiden show and knew everything about him? And I played Ben off as a huge fan who styled himself to look just like Ben and I called him Brent and we all had a good laugh afterward? I can do it. Just not with Cale. 

So let's fix that. 

It's too late. I need to find a new restaurant. Or maybe I'll work at a Starbucks. 

I don't think you're qualified. 

Ha. Oh my God, I think you're right. Oh well. I'll go back to writing. 

Oh great. See you in October. I hated the way you holed up to do that. 

It's par for the course. 

Anyway, concentrate, Bridget. We have some work to do. 

I can't wait to see how. 

Well, for starters, you can act like you don't know him. Like if someone says hey, who is that? You can just smile and say you don't know, but he's nice. 

Uh..I think it's too late to reverse history. 

It never is. 

Oh. Then I want to go back further and change some other things and then this won't even be an issue.