Monday 1 July 2019

From far and wide.

Best Canada Day ever. I slept in, the dog slept in, the devil slept in, the whole house slept in. We got up slowly. Caught up on laundry and chores. Made coffee and then went in town to for brunch and to walk around enjoying the festivities for the holiday. It's the first long weekend holiday I have had off in a year and a half so it was nice to watch people fly kites, have their faces painted and sing O Canada, followed by an actual bagpiper, something I didn't expect and right up until I saw him, I thought it was my phone. My ringtone is Scotland The Brave. Go figure. Bagpipes aren't as big in British Columbia as they are in Nova Scotia.

Mostly though I celebrated because I slept all night. I'm sick with a cold (yes, again) but I used some of Caleb's cold medicine. It was amazing to just drop out of consciousness for a little over ten hours without a single interruption. Good stuff. I won't spam it here because I don't do ads. I got to have eggs Benedict. I got a second cup of coffee. I enjoyed dumb things I like doing and no one complained. We came home after a while, walked the garden to see what's up now and I don't have to cook dinner because everyone overate at lunch and the rest are still out, I didn't have to drive, didn't have to be in charge, didn't have to make excuses, amends or reparations and I can just let out a long breath (while trying not to cough, good luck, Bridget) and call it a perfect day.

As soon as the temperature drops I'm going to run the dog around the block and then put on pajamas. Because I can.

I can help. PJ calls from around the corner. I'm detailing my list here and he can read things on a screen from forty yards away.

You'll walk the dog for me?

No, I'll help you put on your pajamas. He winks and heads out the door. Proper thing, leaving.