Wednesday 29 September 2021

From no time to breathing space just. like. that.

Today is slightly better in the way of very good news and we're back on track. Sometimes I am surprised by how helpful and hands-on people are. By how being nice and thanking people and asking for help they will deliver and it touches me. Maybe people think I am fragile or difficult or need to be coddled. I don't know but I appreciate it as I advocate on someone else's behalf. Either way, SHIT GETS FIXED ON FRIDAY. Thanks to life, which is full of surprises. Like surprise surgery! But not for me. Anyway. Fairly minor. Easily repairable but things that also couldn't wait, even a week and so thank you for the crossed-fingers and the prayers. It helped. A lot, I think. 

***

Wearing my Jesus Loves You yellow ringer tee and a big long cardigan with pockets that I made years ago. Flared jeans from the early two-thousands. All my rings. Socks and my around-the-house clogs that I can wear outside but that also don't leave marks on the wood floor. I run into the devil and he does a double-take.

Cute shirt. 

You've seen it. 

I know. I like you in yellow. 

I don't know if I do but I like the shirt because it's soft. 

You haven't changed, you know. 

Oh, I have. I am old and jaded and hard. 

That's what you think.

Jesus knows. 

He does. And I think he would agree with me. 

Jesus Bro? 

Jesus Bro.