Monday 8 February 2021

Jar of hearts, almost but also I may just get out a jar because it would make so much sense.

There is a glass bowl full of foil-wrapped hearts on the big table in the kitchen. That table is sort of a catch-all. People paint and draw there. I do the budget there. It's where we spill over doing meal prep if we run out of counter space. It's where we dump our bags or personal things after leaving coats and boots and shoes in the front hall. It's where packages that have been delivered are left for their recipients and it's the first area of the house decorated for any upcoming holiday in the form of treats left out for anyone passing by. The table itself is a heavy thick maple with rough-sanded planks and a bench on each side with a wooden armchair at each end. It can sit ten for a meal and looks like a set piece from the top of the wall in game of Thrones. It's probably my favorite piece of furniture just for the variety of use it sees every single day and now it's decorated again for the first time since Christmas. 

One more appointment this afternoon and I have a few days free on the other side of it. I can't wait. There's been like twenty things to look after at the end of January into February and I forgot that I hate being super busy. 

Wish me luck.