Sunday 18 April 2021

Schuyler-Jesus.

It's finished. The work is finished. They even had another group come in today and do the landscaping in order to not make me cry when I saw that it was all gone because it got trampled and trashed as not one but two complete glass houses were built. To his credit, Caleb had them do stamped concrete and concrete with inlays around stone benches and huge planters in order to have it all blend seamlessly with the outside for when we retract the roof but apparently it was not part of the original contract and only became an issue during the teardown of the original new structure which I hated, as it was claustrophobic, dark and terrible. 

This one is airy, light and very tall. Only one section retracts but that's just fine with me. 

Ben can swim in it starting May 1. Until then he will continue to accept Batman's hospitality and use his lap pool and that's fine too. 

I already stepped on a broken screw. I may have to have my leg removed but it's the same leg I sunburned gardening over the weekend so it's ruined anyway. Sam said it's karma for not listening to his podcast yet and Matt told him to hush about that. I only cried three times over the weekend and Christian wondered if we should actually reinstate Night & Seek after I foolishly brought it up but Caleb wearily reminded him that the only person who was ever any good at it was Cole and he obviously can't play since he is dead and so the rest of us would just hide forever and how much fun does that sound like? 

It was a rather cutting response to a fun idea and took the wind right out of our sails to the point where Schuyler came around just to make sure everyone was behaving as he heard from Chris that Caleb was being short and Schuyler doesn't believe that Caleb's attitude is always welcome or necessary. 

Schuyler kissed my forehead at one point and reminded me if I want I can come over there. 

I said I might and started another silent war as both Lochlan and Caleb glared briefly at Schuy but said nothing because Schuy does what he wants and no one will actually fuck with him. 

I'll take whatever I can get because at least Ransom is gone. I gave Emmett a tour via facetime and he only had one thing to point out and it's already fixed and we are good to go. Finally.