Friday 27 March 2020

Colossal but with tiny arms.

Both albums that came out today, In This Moment's Mother and Pearl Jam's Gigaton (I called it Gigatron all last week in error whoops) are masterpieces.

I listened to them both a few times over with Ben's headphones while he worked and I drew in a chair beside him. That's what I do now. I draw or watch Netflix. I'm about to pick up the knitting I all but abandoned in 2017 and have hardly touched since and not once but twice I put on the inflatable T-Rex suit and went out for a run from the patio to the pool and back, much to the delight of everyone who was surprised by it.

Why not?

I got permission to loop around the neighbourhood but that thing is honestly super-hot and heavy and I'm not sure how far I would make it, but it's a sure-fire way to crawl out of a burgeoning panic attack and so that's what I did.

Sam was very proud of my ingenuity (via facetime. I hate facetime now.) and said I have a gift for entertaining people.

I was like DUDE. I'M A CIRCUS PERFORMER. That's who we are.

But honestly throwing on a costume is hardly entertainment. If Lochlan would hurry up and put up the lines and if it stops raining then I'll be a dinosaur-funambulist but until either of those things happen I'm just a bored T-Rex going for a run.