Sunday 4 August 2019

Pooling resources.

(Okay. The only part left is a trip to dispose of the rotted wooden boards (I don't even have to go) and to rebuild the gates but we're swapping those out with lightweight metal ornate open panels that look very goth and foreboding. I ordered them a while back. The cost came in at almost double what I was expecting but heavy wooden waterlogged gates are a pain so it will be worth it when it's finished.  I will stop complaining but Lochlan has promised me the years of giant DIY summer projects are coming to a close. Soon, Peanut, he said and foolishly I actually believe him.)

So I think I'll be done complaining for a bit. Because yeah. I did a fair amount of it this week and I shouldn't have. I had toasted crow for breakfast and coffee and I'm apologizing to everyone within reach. And without, for that matter. I went and tracked down everyone who bore the brunt of my childish tantrum that was seemingly neverending and I did a full circle right back to Lochlan, who pretends he forgot.

Bless him. We seem to take turns being assholes and then we get hot, tired and worn out and we're back to ourselves. It's almost like a toxic buildup and once it's cleared everything is okay again. After forty years stuck together we know exactly how to push each other's buttons, how to bring the other to their knees and how to get up and move on. How to fight and forgive, so that's good at least. We use our words, we have an awful lot of them, spread around us in five separate languages but we figure it out.

Now my keyboard is melting and I need to go find some cool water. The only kind of weightlessness I can appreciate lately.

(Happy Pride! I didn't address it but since you asked. We're staying home today. The parade day is a lot of people and it's going to be forty degrees and so I think Christian and Andrew are going but we're not going to. I bet it will be a fun and incredible event though!)