Thursday 1 August 2019

Breakfast of axioms.

Rosemary rock salt (HEAVEN) bagels on the patio with fresh french press coffee and a good solid chairback named Dalton and I feel almost human again. Lochlan sits right next to us. I was pulled into Dalton's lap as I reached for a second bagel. He figured I would crawl back out as soon as he let go but instead I remained, getting my bagel crumbs all over him, trying to chew my food while his chin rests on the top of my head, content in the warmth while it's still hardly sixteen degrees. Don't worry, I'm sure Lochlan is watching carefully for any sign that I might want Dalton to come up with us and spend a little time. Lochlan forgets I am very direct about things. If I want to add a friend, I just do.

It's like Build-A-Bear. You walk around picking out an expression, an outfit, a talent. Then they stuff it, somewhat violently, I might add, you pay your hundred and eighty dollars and bring home a weird big bear that talks to you. Or in our case, sings. We once had PJ record all of the sound clips for the kids bears and he did death metal growls. The kids still grab the bears and play the sounds when they have a new friend over who hasn't heard it yet.

Will Dalton be the bear for tonight (oh, hush you. Yes I know what a 'bear' is. He isn't that. Maybe a cub though LOL) or maybe I won't invite anyone at all. I might not even BE home in my own bed as I do have invites on hand. One is from Schuyler who invited me to Thursday Night Bed Movies with he and Daniel and a standing takeout order of ninety dollars worth of Vietnamese food. The other is from Caleb who wants to talk money and plan my investments. Cash turns him on. Riding a stock market rally is hotter to him than riding a princess. Not even sure if I need to be there, as he can just check on his numbers and stroke himself to blissful oblivion at this point.

Gee, am I ever going to pay for the descriptions of him that I have let loose here over the past few days. Or maybe (of course) he will be understanding, because I am immature and impulsive and prone to letting my emotions out on the page instead of verbally and so I can make it up to him by inviting him to my room. He gets a change of scenery, a Bridget AND a Lochlan (because as I've said many times, they're all so in love with Lochlan too) and we get a good handle on his frame of mind, something I am always keenly hyper-aware of.

But right this second I don't care about any of that, because as I said: Rosemary rock salt bagel.