Friday 23 February 2007

When she laughs it goes on forever, guys.

Waking up hearing this coming from the shower has got to be the happiest thing ever.

    Hey, I ain't never coming home
    Hey, I'll just wander my own road
    Hey, I cant meet you here tomorrow
    Say goodbye, don't follow
    Misery so hollow

    Hey you, you're living life full throttle
    Hey you, pass me down that bottle, yeah
    Hey you, you cant shake me round now
    I get so lost and don't know how
    And it hurts to care, I'm going down

    Forgot my woman, lost my friends
    Things I've done and where I've been
    Sleep in sweat the mirrors cold
    See my face it's growing old
    Scared to death no reason why
    Do whatever to get me by
    Think about the things I said
    Read the page its cold and dead
    Take me home


Redeemed with a rare and wonderful old favorite of mine for if I am as sweet as cake Jacob will sing whatever I want to hear and I love this song. He does the first part so well I swoon right off my feet and ooze all over the floor in a puddle of Bridget-goo. I love to be sung to, it's been done by famous men and completely unknown men alike (stories, seriously, I have stories) I love all of it. I hope he adds the guitar later.

And I'm guessing Bridget-goo will be blue and sparkly, like the waves just before the sun dips low into to the sea, wouldn't you think? Okay yes, blue. Turquoise blue.

He's also very good at making me laugh. You know how couples have secret languages and inside jokes? If I shared them you'd think we were both crazy but one morning in church just before he started announcements he came down to where I was sitting and whispered in my ear,

Just call me Lupe Fiasco.

And I swear I tried so hard not to bust out laughing because it was so random and I had no idea what he was talking about which made me laugh harder and I was beet red and shaking and trying not to lose it and I almost had my face in my purse because he was giving the schedules for upcoming memorials, of course with a stonefaced delivery and it made it worse. I have been calling him Lupe ever since. I have since learned Lupe Fiasco is a rap artist. Or hip hop maybe? I'm too busy over here listening to my beloved Tool. And Alice in Chains and Switchfoot and almost pretty much everything but rap.

And on with the ever-present euphemism of solid fats (the butter bent, I love that word. I'm like butter, Nosebutter, hell, Last tango & butter), well there's a new one.

Leopold Butter Stotch. Butters! The cutest Southpark character ever. He's just like me, tiny, blonde, even the stuttering. Professor Chaos is his alter-ego, sort of like mine is that wild, x-rated lapdancing cowgirl. Why I was gifted a set of Southpark DVDs I will never know because I'm not much of a TV girl but they're hilarious.

Princess Butters?

Oh noes!

Seriously, no, Jacob. Just noes.

But you're laughing so that means yeses. Which makes us PB and J, baby girl.