Monday 18 December 2006

An appointment with the Devil.

    You have been dying since the day
    You were born
    You know it has all been planned
    The quartet of deliverance rides
    A sinner once a sinner twice
    No need for confession now
    Cause now you've got the fight of your life


Note to self. People who work tirelessly to wear you down will eventually prevail.

I'm rambling again.

I agreed to allow Caleb to take me out for a coffee before he leaves the city. He's coming by Friday to spend a bit of time with the kids, and drop off presents (which he's never done before but maybe now he's feeling guilty and wanting to shower the children of his poor dead brother with kindness or something) and he has a car that takes him around and so he said he'd arrange to have it arrive at 7 and we'll find a coffee shop and he can explain why he's being such a creep.

I'll allow you to take turns guessing exactly how impressed my husband is by this.

Yes, of course you're right. He's not. And he wasn't invited. And Caleb declined my diplomatic offer to make coffee here at home for crying out loud because it's no secret how lovely my coffee is (yuck) and I'm well aware that he would refuse because he wants to get me alone to charm his way back into my good graces because when he and Jacob are in the same room I defer to Jake and that doesn't allow Caleb any room for maneuvering.

They know all the tricks. I tell you, it's mind-boggling.

I have allowed an hour for his nonsense, mostly because I love good coffee after dinner and I want to know exactly what the heck they're talking about, from his own mouth. I'll indulge the gossip and hopefully usurp Ben in the process.

Because I can be catty and bitchy too.