Thursday 17 May 2018

I'll be in the sauna (favoring my knee).

I walked into his house, still in my work dress and thick black sturdy shoes, aching knee and everything and I dropped my bag on the floor. The apple I didn't have time to eat rolled out across the floor and we became an eighties movie when I specifically requested my life to be an eighties music video.

Fuck.

Goons? Seriously? You sent goons to threaten my boss.

He needed to know who he's dealing wi-

I'm a PART-TIME employee! That's who he's dealing with. This is none of your business. 

You are my bus-

NO I'M NOT! I'm not! I don't know why you insist that I am. I never asked for anything from you. Not a thing. 

And you won't. You don't have to. That means we're doing our job. 

This is some massive Fifty Shades bullshit-

Write down your goals and stick to making them your reality instead of doing these stunts where you make sweeping changes in your life to try and fix what Caleb broke-

Stop changing the subject and tell me why you sent goons after my boss! He only moved me because I work hard and he didn't know if you were just going to shut the whole thing down. He was making sure I could keep my job.

Doesn't he know who you are?

Apparently I don't know who I am. Please. Do share if you can tell me. Last time I checked I was nobody. 

Let me reframe this. Is your employer aware that you come home to this house, where you live with these people?

He knows how to mind his own business. Unlike you. Maybe he doesn't care. Maybe he doesn't have time to worry about people that doesn't know. But good luck with your restaurant. You seem like the type to buy something and just shut it down. There's a lot of people out of work now.

I'm not shutting it down. You can run it. 

I have a job, thanks. 

You can do both.

Not interested, sorry. 

Are you going to throw me a bone here? I'm trying to help you. 

Doubling the workload wouldn't be helping. Maybe tell me why my knee is swelling. 

Because you run yourself ragged from the early hours right through late afternoon and you had given up running because of your knees. 

This isn't that kind of runn-

Yes it is. I can call a fellow I know who practices sports medici-

No, I'm good. Stop calling people. Stop doing things. If I want your advice I'll come to you and ask for it. 

But you won't. 

Right. Now do you understand?