Wednesday 16 May 2018

Now I have time to play Zelda on the Switch they got me for my birthday.

Wow, just like that we went from spring to summer and back again, today being very fall-like. I woke up wrapped tight against Lochlan, in his arms, with the windows open, birds chirping so loudly I wasn't sure I even slept at all. Suddenly it's too cold for the pool again (I told you, said the Devil when I asked if he could put the heater on so that when I get off work it's bathtub-temperature). All of my older customers asked me to relay to the manager that the restaurant was very cold today and I nodded and said I would tell her and then I did nothing because it was blissfully ice-cold for once.

I got off work, forgetting I was going to bring home a pie, taking off my apron and rushing to the car so I could jump in, lock the doors and cry except that I have the next few days off so I'm celebrating instead.

I got my chores finished before five. I can paint my nails for the weekend! I have a Lochlan all to myself, a long weekend that suddenly isn't long, as I'll be working Monday's morning rush and a Ben that is changing his schedule around so that he will be with us too.

And maybe even Sam will be around, as it's not a huge church weekend, since last weekend was bonkers for him.

But GUESS who bought the restaurant?

No, not Caleb.

Batman.

So the owner's moving me to his other one. It's closer to home, which is good, and newer, which is even better. And boy, is Batman pissed.

(Also, with this weekend being finished I've officially broken my record for days on my last restaurant job. It was four. Four whole days. This one I've already worked six! But back then I also only made two dollars an hour.)