Wednesday 13 September 2006

Piper down, buried with cheese.

Nothing says morning like being brought hot coffee, a cinnamon bun and your laptop while you're still in bed. My feet haven't touched the floor today, but I know I'll have to pee soon so the decadent illusion Jacob created for me will be ruined.

I'm so sick today. My nose is stuffy, my throat feels like daggers are sticking into it and my head is reeling. I'm flush, feverish and cranky. Ruth and Henry were both suffering from colds through the end of last week so it was inevitable. Something tells me we're going to be sick all year.

So instead of a journal entry, I will regale you with Jacob's shower karaoke this morning. Because he must have forgotten that I can hear him.

He was singing All for Love, from The Three Musketeers because the other night we were talking about great movies and I rattled off my ever honorary list of great medieval movies because come on...Bridget's a romantic from her head to the tips of her toes. And nothing says romance like castles and princesses and brave knights and swordfights. Right?

I'll give you the first two verses, because a good friend told me that printing the entire lyrics to a song is against copyright and I'm too tired to verify that so I'm rolling with it.

    When it's love you give
    (I'll be a man of good faith.)
    Then in love you live.
    (I'll make a stand. I won't break.)
    I'll be the rock you can build on,
    Be there when you're old,
    To have and to hold.

    When there's love inside
    (I swear I'll always be strong.)
    Then there's a reason why.
    (I'll prove to you we belong.)
    I'll be the wall that protects you
    From the wind and the rain,
    From the hurt and pain.



I'm feeling better already.