Wednesday 13 September 2006

Live sickblogging.

Because you love me. Or maybe you hate me. Come on. You hate to love me but you do anyway. Everyone feels that way.

Either way, you're back. Hi! Welcome.

I'm going to live-sickblog today, because I'm mostly home. And miserable. Wavering like a inebriated college boy after a birthday power hour.

Jacob put me in the shower, the big meanie. So I'm clean, dressed, wet hair. I took the kids to school and tried not to breathe on their little heads. Then I walked home fast in case I blacked out. I didn't think I was that sick but I am. The problem is if I take any cold medicine I will fall asleep and I can't do that today. Too much work. Jacob had to go to work too, he has meetings or sessions pretty much right through supper, though he has been phoning me every hour to tell me he wishes he could be home taking over.

Hell, really, it's one of those days where your skills honed as a mom kick into high gear. Moms don't get a lot of actual days off, they get a few quiet moments here and there.

I'll be okay. Hopefully this will be the worst day.

I'm acutally thinking if I wear myself to pieces today I'll achieve some sort of hallucinatory feverish state. Which could be fun, right?

Wish me luck.

    In dreams I see myself flying
    closer to the sun, and I'm climbing
    tried to touch the sun
    but the brightness burned my eyes
    unconscious, or am I conscious?
    fell from the sky like a star
    sometimes I feel as though I'm frozen in heaven