Wednesday 13 September 2006

From the bottom up. I just stuck these ones all together.

7:56

That's it, I'm done for this day.

I haven't felt this sick in a very long time and so I'm calling in my favors early. Off to the tub for me and then I plan to ask for some tea with honey afterward. Jacob is doing his best to spoil me in the little chance he has had to be home today. Give him a big nod of appreciation for looking after his Bridget (as he said on the phone while cancelling all of his evening work for the next two nights) so well. I couldn't ask for more.

Night all. 

6:27

    It's a charmed life
    Innocence wild
    Crayola skies for a thousand miles
    It's a good life in the happily ever after
    Last page of a very last chapter
    It's the story of a charmed life

  
As soon as we can get the kids scrubbed and asleep in their beds, Jacob has promised me a hot bath, which he will run for me, and then join me in it to wash my hair. If you ever saw my bathtub you would know why I wanted this house so badly. It's a cast-iron clawfoot tub, black on the outside with ivory enamel so thick on the inside it shows your reflection. I can swim in it. I won't even touch on what it's like to have a bath with this man, because, well...oh please. It's a fairy tale of epic proportions.

His condition was that I pour the rest of the whiskey down the drain.

That was easy.   

4:58, or Jake's home!

Aw, damn. Some moments nothing is better than seeing Jacob pull up out front and come inside with a big bag of spicy beef salad, fried tofu, chicken noodle soup and rice. He's a prince. I hope I can taste this. I can't smell it and that's a shame, because I always stick my head in the paper bag and breathe in the take-out goodness when Jake gets Vietnamese food.

In other news, I'm starting to feel like shit again. That brief euphoric Dayquilfest was such a rip-off.


3:49

The conversation went something like this, with five people involved:

What are you going to be for Halloween, Bridge?

I don't know. Still thinking.

You should go as your alter-ego?

Huh?

Widget.

Yeah, that would be so awesome.

Oh my god.

Doesn't the widget look just like me though?

Uh, sort of, but less...uh...composed.

With bedhead.

Possibly, no, definitely drunk.

Lipgloss smeared across her cheek.

Okay stop.

Mascara running down her face.

Enough, guys.

Holding one high heel because she lost the other.

Missing one earring too.

Oh good one.

Dress unbuttoned but still on.

Dancing by herself in the middle of the room.

Lost little girl.

I don't see how this is funny.

Christ I think I remember that night.

Oh shut up!

Are you done yet?

What night? I think I would remember if I lost one of my shoes.

Do you think so? Because there were times, Bridge...

You could call yourself Ex-Bride of Cole, sort of like Bride of Frankenstein only more fucked up.

Nice.

Okay, I've had enough.

Aw Jake! Come on, we're only kidding.

Just for that we're going as an angel and a devil.

Yay. Who's the devil?

You can be the devil, Bridget.

YES!

That's a good idea too, but I'd like to see the Widget.

I bet you would.

Now do you see why I'm so excited to meet some of the moms at the school? With friends like these..well, I need some new friends.

2:30

Well, I made it through most of the school day, and I finally succumbed to the Dayquil goodness. Since it lasts for around 6 hours it will keep me upright until I can fall into Jack's arms at 8.

Or Jake's.

Whoever catches me first. Of course, Jack only goes so far. What little there is in the bottle I found at the top of the cupboard. Jake keeps going and going, he's like the holy energizer bunny. I don't think I have ever seen him sick and so I suppose kissing him tonight will be a bad idea. He's been kissing me on the forehead lots lately which I don't like because we fall into those parent/child roles (Sort of the way things are with Lochlan) and that's an uncomfortable place for me to be, with him of all people. Seeing as how we continue to lust after each other so mightily, well, that's really weird.

I don't like weird. Freaky, yes. Weird, no.

Coming up next, the biggest laugh of the week. The boys have devised Bridget's ultimate Halloween costume for this coming October 31. I thought it was hilarious too. Jake? Uh...not so much.

God, I feel like total shit right now. How long does the Nyquil take to kick in?