Wednesday 13 September 2006

12:06 p.m.

Lunch. Yay. We're halfway through the day. Everything tastes like cardboard to me. Yum.

It doesn't matter, though. The past hour was awesome.

Finally got my nose to stop, Jacob called fourteen times because he knows I'm not so okay today and I finally put on some lipgloss and headed over to pick up the kids. There's a bit of a gap between when Kindergarten is let out and when the older kids are dismissed for lunch so we went to the activity room to hang out.

I met some moms.

Some real live moms. From this neighborhood, spilling out of the woodwork. Something I haven't really done yet is meet any moms my age and we moved to this neighborhood almost a year ago. And they're all around my age, with kids. With houses. On these streets. I didn't recognize anyone from church, but most of them have seen Jacob. They filled me in on what goes on in the room each weekday morning and welcomed me warmly.

Geez.

I haven't had girlfriends for years. I might have been even a little tiny bit shy for a couple of moments.

I think most of them are Catholic though. That's okay too.

I will promise not to swear so much, I don't really do that around the kids anyways.

Girlfriends, people. A place to hang out in the mornings if I so choose. With other women to talk to.

Yay Bridget.

Okay, back to dying now.