Thursday 14 October 2021

Fragile Miss Bitch.

Your hair is so long. I didn't realize. Forgive me, let me take this off.

My hair is just past my chin and his Breitling got caught in it. It's been a long time since that's happened. He put his hand around the back of my head to pull me up for a kiss and I squealed when he went to let go and he took a good sized wisp of my hair with him. 

It'll grow back. Fuck it. That's not the important part here. 

The important part is that he behaved, and I didn't leave and I slept with my hands curled in to my heart, my arms between us, head tucked down, his arms around me holding me close and so I didn't hear him when he actually told me to leave and so today, well, today the villain is Bridget, not Caleb. 

It's fine. I earned it. It'll blow over. Between the hearing impairment and broken wing Lochlan doesn't stand up to me. He hates it but it will never be my fault until they hold him down and make him understand that it is, and even then he'll doubt them all the while giving me that benefit and is it fair? No. Is it inevitable? Of course. He said I could have a boyfriend and I picked the worst one I could find, as a test. Well, Lochlan's still here and it's been forever. 

(Maybe I can trust him now?

No. Too soon.)

He laughs, incredulous. Do I need to look for bitemarks? 

There aren't any. He was kind. 

It sucks that I'm reduced to being grateful for that. Why the fuck didn't you stay put? 

But curiosity kills Bridget and I wanted to see for myself what kind of mood Caleb was in, and so I followed him down the hall, brandy in hand and learned the truth about him for the day. Today might be different because he was up and gone early, driving to the area of town where he parks and goes for a long run before getting coffee and returning to the point. He says if he doesn't get out of the house at least four times a week he gets the crazies. 

Which explains everything about me. Except I also left the house this morning, after a long hot shower to soothe the razor burn all over my skin and the remove the aftershave smell. Then Ben scowled at me, having slept alone with Lochlan, and we went grocery shopping. I bought a thousand mini Halloween chocolate chocolate bars for a hundred and sixty bucks. They'll be gone by Friday in this house. 

Sweetness is my absolution, courage my ever-elusive muse.