Thursday 28 October 2021

Fished out of the water, annoying as heck. Yes, that seems about right.

You look like Paimon. 

I complained about my hair. The cute french bob had grown into a boring, blunt lob and I hated it so Daniel cut some layers into it and that was Schuyler's observation after the fact, now that it has some life. It's like a messy/wavy shaggy bob now and my bangs persevere to the end of my nose, as always.

I laugh, delighted. Paimon is my favourite character in Genshin Impact. Henry and I play it on our phones religiously. He is obviously better at it. He's a true gamer. This is one of maybe five games I have played in my life and I keep getting sidetracked and start exploring randomly. Paimon keeps me on track as my traveler is usually confused. But the boys all like to come and peer over our shoulders as we play and they know more about it than I do, it seems.

Daniel and Schuyler have co-opted me for a spa-day in which they get to cut my hair, paint my nails and try different outfits on me all afternoon while we drink cheap red wine and watch shallow television. We already had a long sauna, then a leisurely swim and a really good lunch that was vegan burritos with sprouts and fried potatoes inside instead of rice because why the hell not? We did a little online shopping and I helped them plan a spring getaway for a few months from now, if the world goes well.

I slept last night too and it shows, heavily drugged by Lochlan, timed perfectly to not have any trouble falling asleep but also able to move and think when I woke up this morning, piggybacked against Ben, who was also having a really good sleep or maybe he was just faking so I would snooze even longer than usual. Either way I'm not complaining. 

My hair will be good now until sometime in February when I can actually tie it back and I'll probably curse the layers then but for the winter it's perfect. 

I wonder what the ghosts think but I'm sure I'll have their feedback before the day is out. 

Not if I can help it. Lochlan just arrived to regain custody but Daniel has offered to paint his nails so we get to stay in the paradise of their room just a little longer.