Monday 6 July 2020

Sweeties.

I still have a blistering headache but I have engaged in a self-care day because summer camp appears to be on hold while Lochlan finds problem after problem with the camper he thought was ready to go and now he's questioning some of his materials and contacting some people he's reworked campers for in case they're having problems too.

So far they aren't, thank heavens so it appears I am the sole distraction that led him to mess up this one quite royally. It will be fixed by the end of the week though and watertight and dry and cozy. Also the heater will work because it's still really cold at night.

Not during the days though. It's twenty-seven in the sun right now so bikinis for the win. I can live in mine and I tend to because to me my tattoos are a suit of (relatively-squishy) armor and I forget the clothes part more than you would believe. But it's a pool day, so grab a bikini and nothing else, right?

My 'self-care' included lying on the top step of the shallow end of the pool eating honeycomb and reading while Daniel lifted up my elbow or leg periodically to spray me down with sunblock. Honey is running down my fingers and Schuyler points it out several, very annoyed times until I crawl out of the pool and give him a dirty look. I leave an oil slick in the pool from the sunscreen so he can fight with Daniel about that. I didn't get any honey in the pool. I'm not an animal.

They are jealous because I can enjoy my time outside, sticky-sweet but untouched by mosquitoes, while they get eaten alive.

Muhahahahah.