Thursday 2 July 2020

Jacob, you would have fucking LOVED this band.

Did you, well, did you hear the chorus of Les Friction's new song?

I think I've died a thousand deaths.

Every night I die just a little
All this time we're caught in the middle
All your lies you fought with no ending
This is just the end of the beginning

I'm on the Devil's highway
I've travelled all my life
All the pain you see is here
This is not the end

At least I think those are the words. The second half of the third line in each is a complete mystery but I did my best and I'm always loathe to ask someone with working ears to help me.

I am stubborn.

And REALLY dramatic when I like a song. And this one doesn't even show you what it has for you until a minute and a half in, which almost makes it that much better.

What are you doing, Peanut?

Murdering my own soul, I say, lost on a sea of notes and letters.

What? Lochlan looks alarmed. What are you listening to?

Nothing. Just being...dramatic, I tell him. He hates this band. It hurts my little ruined brain, my poor broken heart and my very shattered soul and so it's on his Please Don't list, which like everything he embarks on is far too polite and accommodating to me but the rules didn't work so good either so this is what we're left with. I destroy myself and he watches, helpless from afar.