Friday 3 July 2020

If I climb into his lap and use my knees for leverage I can bite his bottom lip, driving him just a little bit crazy as his hands close around my back, sliding up to hold my head in his hands. A kiss. Slow and deep. Hurtful and dangerous. Wonderful.

Neamhchiontach. Stay here tonight.

Only if you put a fire on. 

We don't need a fire to get warm, he says, kissing my forehead, holding his breath there, then letting go as his hands slide back down around my hips. He picks me up and puts me down gently on the bed, pushing up the hem of my dress, kissing up my knees, up my legs, smoothing his hands up over the goosebumps as I shiver with delight.

He yanks me back down and kisses me hard on the mouth. Go find your joker, he breathes.

He's in the library.

Go find him before I keep you, he whispers.

Keep me, I plead.

Goddammit, Bridget. He puts his head down against my chest. He sighs, a long audible sound ending in a groan as he lets go of me. He looks rattled, hot and bothered and annoyed. He picks up his phone, hits a button and holds it to his ear.

Tonight. Yes. I know. It's fine. Everything's good. I just want to...keep her. Thanks, man. Yes. Check in in the morning, okay? Thanks.

He puts his phone on the desk and turns back to me. I don't know if he deserves you.

He does not. He deserves anyone better than me.

He loves you to the point of this.

I know.

Go home, Bridget.

Hmm?

Go to Lochlan. He's a better man.

How is the guilt stronger than the need, Diabhal?

He needs you more than I want you, Neamhchiontach.

You're going through a phase.

So leave while you can.

Caleb-

Bridget! Just GO!

I'm going to get him and bring him back with me.

You're going to be the death of all of us, Bridget. It's a flip comment and it burns.

I hope not.