Sunday 5 July 2020

Jesus fucking headaches.

Church on the water this morning as Sam came down and saw us off on an early kayaking adventure, saying a little prayer for us as we are heathens and had no plans to go to church if it's finally sunny outside. I have my beautiful sunhat on and my gigantic life jacket, complete with a whistle and a light. Lochlan won't let me trade for something easier to paddle in like one of those low-profile vests that he wears, because I will never be a strong enough swimmer, and I'm horribly curious and adventurous, going way too far out and way too far away for his comfort, but there are things I want to see, or sea lions. Or whales. Or boys way out on the horizon because they can cover three times the distance I can in the same amount of time and I'm always and forever running to catch up.

Sam understands my need to be on/in/around the water better than most. Plus I get bonus points because I slept in really late (for me anyway) and I stood my ground about needing some rest and relaxation instead of being shepherded around doing chores or finding chores to do, which is a curse I bear far too easily.

I have a blistering headache that won't quit and I'm moving slow as it is. It got warm enough that I didn't want to be outside anymore and called for reinforcements to help me disembark and not to leave Loch with all the work. I probably already bit off more than I should, and plan to spend the rest of the day in pajamas in the shade or inside under the big slow-rotating fans in the great room being still. Maybe I'll go back up and sleep for a bit. Who knows.