Saturday 20 October 2018

Throw you all over for Michael Myers in a hot second.

(This is not about the week past, nor is it about the week upcoming. This is purgatory, right in the middle. We're making plans though. We're all sticking together and to that end we must figure out how to live with our terrible flawed selves instead of painting everything in shades of black and white. The white is blinding, and the black, well, we just can't see a thing.)

But in the meantime, my favorite person in the world (besides Lochlan, Ruth and Henry, I mean) kidnapped me and led me by the hand to his truck.

Where we going? I ask sweetly and Ben smiles.

You'll like this, I promise. 

He found an empty theatre playing a lunchtime show of Halloween and got a huge bag pf popcorn and M&Ms and we sat dead-centre and I only screamed out loud once but boy that was stressful and wow am I so happy that I got to see it on the first weekend it was released, as I am a huge fan of the franchise (maybe even the bad ones) and I was waiting for what seemed like forever.

It was worth it.

I'm still gritting my teeth from the tension but it was worth it. I think I loved the long pauses as they introspectively played their predictable and then completely unpredictable but predictable roles.

I won't spoil it for you.

I try to never do that.

(I did not love Doctor Eyeliner but you'll see what I mean when you see it. He was there to jam a point down our throats. I get it. We get it. Still so good.)