Monday 24 September 2018

What's wrong with my head.

I went out to the garage this morning to get a big bag of hash browns and the pot roast to thaw for tomorrow night's dinner and Jacob was already there, leaning up against the steps, arms crossed. His face was grim but determined, that facial expression that said everything he didn't need to say, the one that showed me I was fucking up and fucking up hard.

What have you done, Princess? 

I step around him, open the freezer and reach in to collect what I need. When my arms are full I stand up, close the top and head back around him, stopping directly in front of him and looking up at him. The sun beaming in through the top of the garage doors goes right through him, as do the dust motes I have disturbed .

What a beautiful face. I miss it so much.

Turn the lights out when you leave, Jake.