Saturday 22 September 2018

"Sometimes the Devil is a gentleman."-Percy Bysshe Shelley.

When I woke up this morning, Lochlan had started without me, hands around my hips, head above my shoulder, mouth against my temple, driving against me hard enough to pull me straight from sound sleep to fear, albeit briefly and then I pulled my legs up so I could hold on properly and turned my face into his.

Good morning to you too. 

But he doesn't say anything. He's on a mission to make as much love as he can in this moment to back up our infinite stores. In case we need them. In case we lose some? I don't know but he's the only one unhappy this morning and if my body can fix it, well then he can have it.

Last night's family meeting was kind of fucked up in that instead of running hot, erupting into violence and ending with hurt feelings it flowed smooth like a river around and under us.

And it's done.

It's a three or six month trial (depending on who you ask). Caleb will be moving into Sam's suite here, on the top floor of the house, just down the hall from our rooms and down a few steps. It's a beautiful cozy suite of rooms. A den, ensuite bathroom, walk-in closet and large bedroom overlooking the woods. Most of the bedrooms in the house have a den and bathroom and big closet so it's not like he's losing a lot of space overall. He cooks here half the time anyway and loves the company of anyone who is around, mostly especially the kids.

Sam is moving again (I swear at this point he's lived in every room of this house sometimes), and is still ever grateful to be a part of this collective to the point where we could put him in a cage in the basement and he would thank us, pray for us but this gives him a little more room and as such he can hold his counseling meetings at the boathouse and have his men's groups there and bible study and he won't always have to be on the highway driving to church which isn't all that close to us, frankly. So he is thrilled. Absolutely thrilled.

The way things have been lately no one really objected. If we have a plan we make sure everyone is informed and baring any glaring issues we haven't addressed or maybe thought of, the best way to run a group of this size is to keep things open and transparent. And to be so mindful of everyone's feelings. So mindful.

No glaring issues, huh. Lochlan remains the lone dissenter.

It'll be easier for you to keep tabs on him here. 

You mean it'll be easier for me to keep tabs on you here. 

He says the only reason he's doing this is for Sam. You see what he means, right?

Sam will have more space to spread out his ministry-

And it removes Sam from our immediate vicinity. 

It doesn't though. 

Lochlan looks at me. It doesn't, does it?

Nope. 

Maybe Caleb finds it too isolating there. And it is perfect for Sam. 

I think Caleb is still capable of doing good. He's always had the best interests of the Collective at heart. 

What if you're wrong about that, Bridge? 

Then we won't have to go too far to ask him. 

He finally lets go of me this morning, finishing his silent onslaught against his own fears and lies beside me, pulling me tight against him. Sorry I woke you. 

Don't be, I'm not. 

I don't know if I want him here, Bridge. I don't know if I'm ready for this. 

We'll take it slow. 

But we're not. They're switching the bedroom furniture as soon as the rain lets up a little.