Tuesday 7 October 2014

October isn't my favorite.

A surprisingly normal and average night and day so far.

I was told to cut my nails. They grow like crazy here and I scratch and poke everyone unintentionally.

John, Daniel and PJ pitched in and helped get the whole house clean, bathrooms included. In one day even! This hardly ever happens!

Lochlan set up a pre-Christmas contract with good remuneration. More art projects for him. He's so happy.

Ben said he and Loch have a surprise but not yet, tonight, which make me make a smarmy face at him and he said no it's not related to that but that they could prepare a second surprise if I want and he waggled his eyebrows at me. His face is weirdly expressive or completely stoic. He has no in-between.

Caleb sent me some paperwork to sign and return. He let Henry courier them to me and back for kicks. Henry enjoyed his new responsibility. They are going to eat hot dogs and watch Pacific Rim tonight. It's one of Henry's favorite movies. Cale took a very big step back and I appreciate it. I like him better as an absent Sugar Daddy than an omnipresent lover anyway. I keep trying to pet the wolf and then seemed shocked when it bites me.

Corey stopped by to borrow some equipment from Ben. Not only was he polite but he was almost pleasant and he didn't ask me for anything.

Sam is down to counting hours until Matt gets home Thursday evening. He's coming for an extended long weekend. He's not faring much better than Sam, in the heart-growing-fonder department. I think they really are soulmates. This will give Sam the fortitude to muscle through the final weeks. It's been rough. He's gone a little bit off the deep end.

Ruth had me camping the website all morning for the annual Fall Out Boy Halloween shirt. It looked pretty cool. I would wear that. Except I only know one song. She's been playing Centuries on repeat since it came out. I hit refresh dutifully right up until they said they would pick a later date because the servers crashed.

I cooked a whole package of bacon. It will feed half of us (I didn't notice the packages got smaller weightwise while the price went up yay) so I'm going to have to cook another and I didn't realize it until I was finished. BLTs for dinner with potato chips because it's been very warm in the afternoon and bacon sandwiches are easy to throw together for dinner right up until the stragglers come home very shortly before I give up on trying to stay awake and go the fuck to sleep.

Duncan is much better lately. A lot more relaxed with easy affection and his usual half-cool, half-mischievous attitude. He helped Dalton with some project today and now they've gone off for a coffee and a round of golf (Dunk doesn't golf. I asked for video) and then they'll be around tonight too.

I keep falling asleep in my chair. I think I'll go prep the veggies and set the table and then at least if I don't make it to supper time they'll be able to fend for themselves and I can crash hard. I hope the surprise can wait, if I do. I'm a very curious little person but I'm too tired to bug them today.