Sunday 5 October 2014

More ice please.

This morning Ben and Duncan went off to a meeting and I went to church, where I sat and listened to Sam, wedged in like icing between cake layers. The layers being Caleb, who has a lovely tender jaw and six stitches heading right into his eyebrow (a handsome future scar) and Lochlan, who now has a beautiful purple-blue nebula of a black eye beginning and the remnants of a bloody nose. I keep passing him new tissues and he keeps shoving them up there. Caleb smirks every time he does it.

Sam let them have at each other in the yard behind the church. What a sweetheart. So Godly and pure, that one.

I give up.

I told them to cool it. That this isn't the way we settle things, that we're adults now. Lochlan yelled No, we're not! at the same time Caleb yelled Yes it is!

Alrighty then.