Saturday 13 March 2021

The plan for today. Watch it get derailed in 3...2...

Coffee on the patio with Sam and Matt this morning. They made their way over with matching mugs and matching loungewear in the form of soft brushed fleece pants in a dark green shade that I adore and black long sleeved waffle knit tops with a green band around the wrists. Their mugs say Mr. and Mr. and I'm sure they've got better coffee in them then I have in mine because they have one of August's fancy machines in the boathouse and I have the Keurig. I buy the Sumatra pods from the Starbucks line and I'm pretty happy these days. It's far cry from the work of the Chemex, anyway but honestly you could press a button on a generic gas station convenience store coffee machine, pay your dollar and hand me the cup to drink and I would be so happy so what do I know? 

I just like the whole vibe here today, here in the shade with half a cup still to go.

Already broke up two separate and distinct arguments about whether or not Lochlan has lost his mind and about whether or not he was secretly seeking validation (no on both counts) and I'm about to crack the whip and get them all gardening here shortly, as the sun is out and I usually roll up to this party far too late for my liking. We lost a major player in the landscaping out front and can easily replace it from one of the perennials out back that is taking up too much room there, and so that's on tap today and then I can schedule my soil delivery for next week and be ready earlier than ever. I'm excited but it's backbreaking work and I can't be out in the sun all that much. Fun! 

(Everett approves though. They all approve because she can't be crazy if she's too tired to move, right?)