Friday 4 February 2011

Shhhh.

To speak of morals in art is to speak of legislature in sex. Art is the sex of the imagination.
~
George Jean Nathan
I think maybe Caleb did have something to do with New-Jake and Keith taking their leave just now. Just around the same time that Ben decides he has had enough of Caleb altogether and when someone threatens Caleb's interpretation of the status quo he feels is fair he tends to bite back and so while I don't have a lot of faith in lawyers and orders and plans and supervision and promises and oaths and the devil on earth I do have a lot of faith in someone who knows what I am thinking and is standing on the front porch at the exact right moment that came in the form of a warning, coming back from taking Henry and Ruth to school together (UNITED FRONT DAMMIT), and I was slow to answer a question because I didn't hear Caleb and for that my arm was twisted up behind my shoulders until I was lifted almost off my feet (because it's the arm that no longer bends properly at all). There's no way in hell Lochlan could have seen that happen but he felt it and he made it to the front steps of the verandah before Caleb could force me up them and suddenly Caleb let go, deciding to head back, busy day, lots to do, thinking he can get away with things because I don't tell them.

Except for when I do.